Sopa de Pollo con Fideos
Cuban Chicken Noodle Soup
8 cups chicken stock
4 pieces of your favorite chicken parts (thigh, leg etc) If you are going to use boneless parts, add a chicken bullion cube.
2 garlic cloves, minced1 tablespoon of my Adobo mix
1 medium onion, chopped
2 potato, diced small
1 yellow plaintain cut into inch slices
1 carrot, sliced
2 oz. fideo nest pasta
1 tsp lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
- In large pot, add water, chicken, garlic, my adobo mix, onion and plaintain. Cook over medium heat for thirty minutes.
- Add potato and carrots and cook another 20 minutes.
- Remove 1/2 of the potatoes hand mash them and add them back to the soup and stir.
- Add the Fideo and cook another 10 to 15 minutes until pasta is done.
- Add the lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.