Click on image to view video
Cuban Breaded Steak
2 thinly sliced sirloin steaks
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cups unseasoned breadcrumbs
1 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of my Adobo mix
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup canola oil for frying
- Using a meat mallet, pound the steaks to about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Set up three bowls for breading your steaks. In the first bowl add your flour and a tablespoon of my adobo mix (mix well). In the second bowl add your eggs and about a tablespoon of water and beat the eggs. In the third bowl add the breadcrumbs and a tablespoon of my abodo mix (mix well).
- Dredge in the flour first, then dip floured steak into the egg mixture, then dip into the breadcrumb mixture, coating well on both sides.
- Heat a frying pan and add the canola oil. Fry for just a minute on each side (enough to brown the coating on both sides. Remove from pan and place on paper towels for a minute.
- Serve over white rice, beans and sweet plantains.