Arroz con Pollo (Chicken and rice)
4 pieces of chicken with bone and skin on (your choice of pieces)
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 spanish onion (chop)
1/2 green pepper (chop)
2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
8 oz. beer
1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
5 cups chicken stock
1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 bay leaf
2 cups white rice
8 oz. can of sweet peas
- In a pot add the olive oil and sauté the onions, green peppers and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Place in the chicken and cook for four to five minutes on each side.
- Add the chicken stock, tomato sauce, vinegar and beer along with the salt, black pepper, bay leaf, turmeric and cumin. Let simmer on medium heat for about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Add rice and stir. Cover and cook on low to medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- When done, shut off heat and add sweet peas and cover again. Wait five minutes and serve