Cuban Shrimp & Yellow Rice (Arroz Con Camarones Cubanos)
1 lb. medium size Shrimp, peeled, washed, and de-veined.
½ cup olive Oil
3 cloves garlic minced.
1 medium spanish Onion chopped.
½ green bell pepper
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup green peas
¼ teaspoon Saffron
2 tablespoon of my Adobo mix
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 cups of white Rice
1 1/2 cups chicken stock or broth
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Place a large pot or dutch oven on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Add oil add the onion, garlic, green pepper, and my Adobo mix. After about 2 minutes, add the shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes and all dry seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice and mix well.
- Cover and place into the oven at 350° oven for about 30 minutes.
- Do not remove the cover. Take the pot out of the oven and let stand on the stove top for another 5 to 10 minutes. DO NOT UNCOVER
Top with fresh parsley and serve.