1/3 pound Picadillio
1 package of frozen puff pastry dough
1 egg (white only)
1/4 cup of water
6 tablespoons sugar
- Prepare the pastry dough as per the packages instructions
- Make your seasoned meat while you are waiting for the dough to thaw.
- Allow your meat to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Using a can, cut out 18 circles and place them on parchment paper
- Once your meat has cooled place a teaspoon of meat and two raisins in the center of half of your dough circles.
- Using your finger wet around the edge of the dough (around the meat). Place one of the empty circles of dough over the ones that are topped with meat and gently press around the edges so that they stick together (don’t press to hard or they won’t puff).
- Scramble your egg and brush the tops of the pastries
- Place on a baking pan covered with parchment paper of foil (if housing foil or a nonstick pan lightly grease it).
- While they are in the oven, put your sugar and a 1/4 cup of water in a small frying pan and bring to a boil. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and set aside to cool down.
- Place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush the simple syrup on top and let cool. Serve warm