Moros (Black Beans cooked with Rice)
Total time: 2 hour 45 minutes
Servicing: 5 to 6
1 pound bag of black beans
1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon my Abodo mix
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 bay leaf
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon of salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup water
3 cups long grain white rice
1 & 1/2 large spanish onions, diced
1 & 1/2 cups green pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Place the beans in a 2 quart pot and cove with 3 to 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil for 15 minutes. Cover the pot and remove it from the stove and leave it along for 15 minutes.
- Add another cup water to cover the beans again and bring to a boil. Cover the pot and set the flame to low and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- In a large stockpot add a teaspoon of olive oil, onions, green pepper, garlic, and a teaspoon of my Abodo mix and cook until onions are translucent. Add black beans, oregano, cumin, bay leaf, and vinegar and cook for anyother few minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil then reduce flame to low, cover and cook for about 25 minutes — until the rice is fully cooked.
- Remove the bay leaf and pour the remaining olive oil over the rice and gently mix.