Click on image to view video
Flan My all time favorite dessert ever!
Serves 6 to 8
Prep time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 50 to 55 minutes
1 cup white granulated sugar
3 eggs (regular size eggs)
2 egg yolk
1 can 12 oz. evaporated milk
1 can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a sauce pan over low to medium heat place sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla until it melts and turns a golden light brown.
- Pour HOT melted sugar into a warm 9” round glass baking dish. (warm up the dish first, it will make it easier to coat the bottom completely with the sugar).
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and a teaspoon of vanilla. Mix until smooth, pour into the baking dish.
- Place 9 inch baking dish on a cookie sheet and pour in about a 1/2 inch of water into the sheet.
- Bake for 55 minutes. Let cool to room temperature and place in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, run a dull knife around the edges just to make sure the flan doesn’t stick and flip onto a plate by placing a plate over the baking dish and invert to remove the Flan and serve.